I love top 10 lists because they always stir some kind of conversation or debate. So every week I will be posting a new top 10 list. Feel free to share your thoughts, what I left out, what has no business in the top 10, that I’m an idiot, or that I was spot on!
So for my first top 10 list I’m giving you my top 10 songs of 2017! These are songs you would hear (with the exception of 1) on Mix 103-1. My personal music choices are a bit different J Without further ado, here… we… go!!!
Honorable Mentions: Praying- Kesha, Something Just Like This- Coldplay, and Scars to Your Beautiful- Allessia Cara
10. I Feel It Coming- The Weekend ft. Daft Punk– Every time I hear this track I swear I’m listening to Michael Jackson reborn. And who doesn’t love some MJ!?
9. There’s Nothing Holding Me Back- Shawn Mendez– Oh the feels of a new relationship or crush! The guessing, the saying screw it and just going for it, and then the usual rejection… this song covers it all!
8. Chained to the Rhythm- Katy Perry ft. Skip Marley– I saw Katy perform Chained to the Rhythm live during the Grammy this year and I was hooked!
7. Feel It Still- Portugal the Man– This is the catchiest song of the year and the guys are from Alaska! Yeah… great song, I could make an argument that it should be higher on the list.
6. Highway Song- Greta Van Fleet– This is the one song on the list that you won’t hear on Mix, but I had to include it because I love it so much! If you haven’t heard this song, look it up!! It’s a group of teenagers just coming onto the music scene and they sound exactly like Led Zeppelin!
5. Body Like A Back Road- Sam Hunt– Love me some Sam Hunt and seeing him have a crossover hit was awesome!
4. Attention- Charlie Puth– I’m pretty sure everyone can relate to this track. Trying to get the Attention of an ex just to be vindictive? Be honest, you’ve done it! I feel you Mr. Puth!
3. Believer- Imagine Dragons– I didn’t want to put multiple songs from the same artist on the list so this was tough between Believer and Thunder. Believer won out because I think it’s a more powerful song and I feel it when I’m jamming in the car a bit more than Thunder. This whole album is amazing!
2. Shape of You- Ed Sheeran– Ed had a huge year and this is just one of his smash hits! Look up the Shape of You Choreography video on YouTube, I promise you won’t be disappointed and you’ll love the song even more. This also might be the most covered song of the year!
- Closer- The Chainsmokers ft. Halsey– Funny story… I hated this song the first time I heard it. I thought the male voice was awful! But, it slowly grew on me… and grew on me… and grew on me! “Play that Blink 182 song- That We beat to death in Tucson” is the best lyric of the year!
So what do you think of my list? Agree? Disagree? Leave your comments and thoughts!!